<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://mybigfatgrainfreelife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My BIG FAT Grain Free Life: Chicken Burgers with Grilled Peaches and Honey Mustard Sauce

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chicken Burgers with Grilled Peaches and Honey Mustard Sauce


After a crazy busy day of chasing my tail, (long story, but thank you "Bobby" at the Honda place for laughing with me - or was it AT me?)

On that note, did you know that the newer Odysseys have this "safety feature" built in that only unlocks the driver door when you put it in park?  Safety? - or just a plot to drive busy moms nuts?  I learned about this after dropping my van off to have the passenger side lock "fixed" of this nuisance.  A little embarrassing to have Bobby walk in and announce to a moderately full waiting room "Mrs. E - there's nothing wrong with your door locks.  They're SUPPOSED to do that!")

Anyhoo, I had to cook dinner on the fly last night.  I wanted something different, easy and loaded with flavor ('cuz I was hungry and tired).  This recipe fell together and we all loved it - Let me know if you try it.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. 

Here's a picture with the Honey Mustard Sauce schmeared on-


Chicken Burgers with Grilled Peaches and Honey Mustard Sauce

Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground chicken (not just white meat - I use Greenwise ground chicken from Publix)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
6 ripe peaches, halved and pitted

Instructions:
Preheat gas or charcoal grill. 

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together (except peaches) with a large fork.  (Don't use hands or it will make the meat tough.)

Carefully peel pitted peach halves.  (Try saying that 5 times fast...)  Lay each peach half on a cutting board, pit side down.  Slice each peach in half again horizontally.

Brush burgers with olive oil.  Grill until juices run clear.  Grill peaches until warm and starting to have nice grill marks.

Serve with Honey Mustard Sauce. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home